Re: [Xen-users] XCP 1.0 Network Interfaces missing on pool slave after relocation

  • To: Xen Users Mail list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Mike Galvez <late2werk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:16:20 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:18:36 +0000

After more searching, I found a post that mentioned re-IPing a pool master caused a similar problem. xsconsole didn't show any interfaces, so via command line, I edited the network config and changed the IP. I was able to ssh into the machine at this point, and run [ xe pool-emergency-reset-master master-address=xxx.xx.xx.xx ] and then [ xe pif-reconfigure-ip ]. After pif-reconfigure, the machine was unresponsive and had to be rebooted, but when it came back up it was fully functional again.

This machine and the master are both running XCP1.1.0-48877c (beta), so I made another trip to the data center to upgrade to 1.1 Release. After booting the slave with 1.1 Release CD, I got a message that no upgradeable operating system was found (not the exact error message) and that I would need to perform a fresh install?  I was under the impression that upgrading from 1.1 beta to 1.1 Release was almost painless. Does this have to be done on the master first?  Any ideas?

Thanks