Re: [Xen-users] XCP 1.1 Management VLAN

We've using management+san traffic together. You can use tags for SAN traffic (if your switches support hybrid ports (tagged+untagged traffic), or you can use them even without creating vlan. Both traffic is very sensitive for stranger eye (f.e. all SAN traffic is unencrypted), so hiding it in isolated network is nice idea.

Management interface of xapi is somehow not 'for internet use'. F.e. XCP shall not be updated from centos repos (it will break patches of LVM package and may be some other stuff), so putting management interface (ssh and so on) to the internet is bad idea.

In short: hide them both in private network.