Re: [Xen-users] Run Mac OS as HVM guest on Macbook Pro

Your best bet is to use virtualbox for this, or parallels.

On Nov 19, 2011 8:17 PM, "John Sherwood" <jrs@xxxxxx> wrote:
I just purchased an MBP, and having relied on Xen for virtualization on my servers for a long time now, I'd like to try setting up Mac OS as a domU on the laptop so that I can run other VMs under Xen to have real *nix environments at all times for non-Mac OS development.  I've been looking around online, but haven't seen anything particularly recent about running Mac OS as an HVM guest.  To the best of my knowledge, this is legal, as I'm running on Apple hardware.

Apart from the mess of virtualizing Mac OS, I was also hoping someone might be able to point me to any pre-compiled Xen kernels that will support PCI passthrough and Broadcom BCM57765 NICs - 2.6.32-71 has support for the ethernet driver, but I've most recently been using CentOS 6 with 2.6.32-46, which doesn't support the NIC :(

If anyone has experience or wants to get their hands dirty on this, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun once it's working :)