Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] BAR 0: cirrusfb load errors prevent hvm domu from getting resolutions above 800x600

On 21 November 2011 01:01, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I meant is a BAR 0: error a commonly understood problem with common steps to
> find and fix the *configuration* problem, not where can I tinker with kernel
> code. I would think suse's 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop kernel would work as is in an
> hvm domain. Or should he be using a different suse kernel 'flavor'? (-
> default?) Although, since it doesn't work for his hand-compiled 3.1 either,
> this looks more like a filesystem / sysconfig configuration problem.
Just to make some precisation here: I took the configuration file from /boot
(i.e. the config file of 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop kernel which comes bundled with
the installation) and copied into the 3.1 source kernel directory and compiled
again the kernel. I even modified something about XEN, making it domU capable
(like if it was a PV domU and not a hvm domU).

Thank you so much for your support,

--
Flavio