Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] BLKTAP

On 22.11.2011 12:27, Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:

its drbd btw :).
can u just start a domain with drbd backend disk? (no remus) or
anything.
I mean using the drbd: syntax (as described in the DRBD website)
 or using the
"script=drbd,backendtype=phy,format=raw,target=resourceName" syntax in
xl.
ÂI have tried and it doesnt work. xl defaults (hardcoded?) to tap
backend.
doing a grep in the tools/libxl directory, I can see that there is no
implementation
 for invoking the script supplied as part of disk spec.

if (disk->script) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LIBXL__LOG(ctx, LIBXL__LOG_ERROR, "External block
scripts"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ " not yet supported, sorry");
 ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ rc = ERROR_INVAL;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ goto out_free;
ÂÂÂ }

That's cool, and explains alot. I had not figured that libxl didn't have the capability of executing block scripts. I will wait patiently and try to assist in any way to test any changes needed to provide libxl support to remus.
Mike