Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV drivers and Live Migration in XCP 1.1

> Hello
>
> Is it Possible use LiveMigration in XCP 1.1 with version 0.11.0.308 GPLPV
> drivers on Windows 2000 SP4. Drivers Properly installed, I have a device Net
> XEN, XEN XEN Block and PCI.
>
> When I want to do
> xe vm-migrate vm = trm01 host = vm05 live = true
>
> I get the message
> You attempted an operation on a VM Which requires PV drivers to be
> installed but the drivers were not detected.
> vm: 17be4bc0-e949-e3da-eb05-f7dad84212de (trm01)

Is this problem specific to Windows 2000, or is that just what you happen to be
running?

Does XCP have its own Windows PV drivers? Maybe they do something special to
communicate with XCP that GPLPV doesn't? Or maybe XCP's PV drivers don't work
with Windows 2000?

A google search for your error seems to suggest that this might be a bug in XCP
too... although the results I saw seem to be from last year.

James