[Xen-users] tap device not created during live migration

  • To: "'xen-users'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Michael A. Collins" <mike.a.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:32:04 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:34:54 +0000

I have not done my due diligence in troubleshooting this issue, since it
only happened last night.  I'm posting here after a little searching with no
results.  I have two linux 3.1.10 dom0 running Xen 4.2-unstable and I am
trying to live migrate a Windows HVM domU.  The live migration works and the
domU is running as expected.  The issue I find is that the cooresponding vif
gets created and add to my bridge, but the tap does not.  I don't know
enough about how the migrate process works, so can anyone give me some
pointers on what scripts I need to be worried about and whether the qemu
logs on both dom0's would be of any help?  I'm really hoping that it's an
easy fix.  Thanks
Mike
P.S. - Happy Turkey Day!!!!