Re: [Xen-users] xen disk io performance

Le 29/11/2011 04:14, George Shuklin a écrit :
"Very high" and "very slow" sounds like "i pay many buks but got small potion".

How many IOPS postgre generates from dom0 point of view? (see statistics in vbd/tap device in /sys). How do you did you check netapp storage performance?
I have found I have queries that are putting the system on its knees, Some are statistics collection and adding the right index just solved the problem. I never looked in /sys on dom0 to get informations about iops. Instead I used iostats in domU and it gave me ~ 5000 read/s when the statistic collection. If I compare to what I see in /sys on the dom0 (looking in the stat of the dm- block device , not the underlying devices) I see ~ 1200 write/s and 100 read/s when thing are ok.

Now I still have one database purge job that mess up perf but i only run once a week.... I'll wait next monday to watch after this stat file and will send back some values here.

Regards.

FC is not synonym for 'fast work' and netapp ether can't do magic if postgre creates a thousands of cold random read operations.

I'll like to propose to starts from stat gathering. At least atop in domU with postgre with enabled logging.