[Xen-users] Xen without VT-x capable CPUs

I want to understand the limitations I will encounter when installing Xen on a 64bit server that does not have VT-x capable CPUs.

The server is a Dell 2850 (2 dual core 64Bit CPUs; 8 Gb ram; 280Gb raid5, dual 1Gb ethernet ports).
This is an older equipment and I have verified that the CPUs do not have VT-x. So para-virtualization is mandatory.

My understanding of para-virtualization  is that whichever distro I choose for dom0, I am thereafter limited in the variety of domU's I can install.

For example if I use Centos 5.7 for the dom0, I can not use Solaris as a domU because of kernel compatibility differences. But could I use other versions of Linux as a domU, such as a recent Fedora? How similar do the kernels have to be when using para-virtualization?

More questions:
1) If I use a 64bit Linux distribution for dom0, does the lack of VT-x capability in the CPUs limit me to 32bit domU installations of the same distro?

2) If I must use 32bit domU installs, uniformity might favor a 32bit Dom0. Would a 64bit dom0 running 32bit domU's pose any special problems in comparison to a 32bit dom0 running the same 32bit domU installs?

3) When a pre-built kernel is listed in a Linux repository as a "xen" kernel, does that mean it can server equally well for dom0 installs as for domU installs?

Please comment on how you would proceed with a Xen configuration on a 64bit server without VT-x capability.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Russ