Re: [Xen-users] Xen networking troubles

2011/12/2 James Dingwall <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for your quick response James!
I tried it and it's not working yet.
On the Windows network card i got the yellow triangle saying: "Unidentified Network".
What should i use for Default Gateway on my HVM btw?
I used now the one IP from my public range that i configured on my eth1

- Do you have a separate device on the 6 IP subnet that is already a router or will your dom0 perform this function?  If it will be your dom0 via the eth0 interface then you will need to assign an IP address from the 6 IP subnet to the bridge and enable IP forwarding by adding the line
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
to /etc/sysctl.conf and executing sysctl -p
You'll also need to make sure that the rest of your network knows to route the domU subnet via the dom0.
If your eth1 isn't actually connected to the network then you can use the bridge without a physical interface attached to it.

And about setting up the extra bridge breth1: does that stick if i reboot the server?
And if not how can i make ik more permanent?
- To make it permanent you'll need to edit the network scripts.  I'm afraid I don't have specific RHEL/CentOS knowledge.  But http://acidborg.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/how-to-configure-a-network-bridge-in-red-hat-fedora/ looks like it should give you enough information though.

Hi James,

I do not have a separate device in my IP range that functions as a router.
Can you explain how i assign an IP address from the 6 IP subnet to the bridge?
I assume you mean the xenbr0 bridge?

Thanks again!

Gr. Johan

Johan Barelds