[Xen-users] [XCP] Slow Printing

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Brett Westover" <bwestover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:46:03 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:48:18 +0000

I have a windows server 2003 machine acting as our print server. It was
a VM on ESX 4.1,
and I have now transferred to my XCP 1.1 pool.

I used this procedure to transfer the VM:
        1. Uninstall VMW tools
        2. Shutdown VM
        3. Export as OVF
        4. Convert and import OVF to XCP pool using XenConvert
        5. Power up VM on XCP using XenCenter
        6. Install Citrix XenTools using XenCenter
        7. Configure IP to match what it was originally

The server appears to work the same as before, at least as far as
configuration.
All of the users' installed printers still function normally, and no
additional changes
had to be made to the server.

The issue we have is that printing is now much slower. If I send a 35Mb
PDF to the printer,
I see it show up in the print queue on the server right away. However, I
can watch it tick
by VERY slowly as it sends that job to the printer. 0.1 MB every few
seconds, whereas before
this server was converted and moved to XCP, a job like that would fly
right through.

I've checked and there doesn't seem to be any issue in the guest as far
as CPU/Memory. They
are hardly being touched.

Any ideas?

Thanks,