Re: [Xen-users] Xen networking troubles

Johan Barelds wrote:

The trick was to assign a IP adress to the new bridge.
After that it worked flawless..:-)

It working is possibly a side effect of adding an IP address. When your OS config scripts configure an IP address on an interface, they will set the interface state to up. It may well be that all you need to do is manually set the interface to up - "ifconfig ethx up" I think.

This stumped me for a while in my early days of experimenting with Xen.

If you don't actually need an address/working Dom0 interface on that bridge, then it's more secure to not configure one.

--
Simon Hobson