Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] Slow Printing

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Brett Westover" <bwestover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 12:55:55 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 20:58:04 +0000

>>How is network performance in general? For example doing a UNC based
copy to and
>>from the guest from a box not in the pool?

>I had the same thought. It seems fine. I haven't done any scientific
testing,
>but my ad-hoc file copies from/to a few different locations seem
entirely normal.

>>Also the "disabletaskoffloading" registry tweak mentioned here
>>http://www.xenappblog.com/2010/citrix-xenserver-slow-network-performan
ce/
>>Might be worth a shot ......

This seemed to fix it. My ad-hoc file copies don't seem any different
either way, but for some reason sending raw data to the printer was
badly affected without this tweak.

>What about that other fix mentioned on your link?  "Disable CheckSum
Offload". Is that
>applicable to XCP, using XenTools drivers?

Still curious about running that script to disable checksum on all of
the interfaces. Should I do this, or wait and see if I have more network
performance concerns?