Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On Thu December 8 2011, 7:05:38 PM, Flavio wrote:
> Yes you have to stop xdm and start again. Anyway that trick could be used to
> have higher resolution than 1024x768, performing the following command on
> the dom0
> for instance: Xephyr -ac :1 -screen 1280x1024
> and the domU's KDE should keep all the available screen space, autoresizing
> the screen (resolution).

Also, if you load the xrandr system tray applet in kde, you can change
resolutions to what ever your client computer can support, on the fly, without
stopping and restarting startkde.

I just got thru playing with this - neat! One warning though: I would stop kde
(rcxdm stop) as root if it is running, but then log out and re-login as a user
before startkde. Running a desktop as root is generally a bad idea. It took me
awhile staring at the desktop, wondering why I didn't see the changes I had
managed to make, till I realized that I was logged in as root.