Re: [Xen-users] Strange memory issue

2011/12/7 Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The memory is all screwed up even on kernel 3.1 and still isn't fixed!

That sucks.
I think it depends on the distro, though.
I tried on Ubuntu 11.10 and it was a total fail.
Starting a 40GB domU took like 10 minutes because of ballooning.
Doing something like xl mem-set Domain-0 16384 ended in the OOM killer
destroying the system.

Whereas on Alpine Linux dom0_mem seemed to work.
But I haven't yet managed to do something as bring up a CentOS5 domU
with networking there. But hey... at some point it might be possible
to actually run a server on something higher than 4.0.2. :)

Flo

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and