Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On Fri December 9 2011, 7:52:55 PM, jim burns wrote:
> Well, I played some more with my hvm installed suse domu, and found out
> something interesting.
[...]
> GUESS WHAT? Yast has a mouse in a suse domu under a suse dom0!!! My guess
> -   suse up to now has been using the old style architecture xenlinux, and
> even in 2.6.37, it looks like xenlinux with some back-ported new features.
> I think the mouse in a suse domu is depending on something in the suse dom0
> kernel that isn't present in my normal fedora dom0 kernel!

I don't know if you've played with suse 12.1 yet, but I just upgraded my bare
metal suse 11.4 system to 12.1. That actually was problematical as far as xen
goes, since suse has stopped supporting 32 bit xen. See my thread 'openSUSE
12.1 does not have complete xen rpms'. I recompiled the .src.rpm, and
installed xen 4.1.2.

My pv suse 11.4 domu starts just fine, but has no mouse. Apparently, even tho'
suse 12.1 is still naming its pv drivers xennet & xenblk, it has retained
enough of the pvops 3.1 kernel architecture that the mouse in an old xenlinux
arch pv domu like 11.4 is no longer supported. Sign of the times.