Re: [Xen-users] XCP, about Graphic Display

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Brett Westover" <bwestover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:46:55 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:49:04 +0000

>> Hi, I am new to XCP.
>> I have already installed the XCP on my host, and created VMs
successfully with Xen Center.
>> But the problem is, i can not see the VM's Graphic Display such as
Windows XP on my host(which
>> installed the XCP)
>>
>> I want to know, is there any method that I can see the VM's Graphic
Display on the host(which
>> installed the XCP).
>
>http://wiki.xensource.com/wiki/Xen_Cloud_Platform:_Access_to_VM_console

>vnc tunneling or XenCenter.

I found those instructions to be slightly in error.

On my XCP console, when I type: xenstore-ls
/local/domain/DOM-ID/serial/0 I only get the
"tty = /dev/pts/x" output, and NOT the vnc-port.

I changed that command to: xenstore-ls /local/domain/DOM-ID/console and
I get the vnc
port I need to use tunneling.

Tunneling works great because SSH and VNC are ubiquitous clients, so I
can get to the consoles
from just about anywhere.

On my main workstation though, I use XenCenter. Works for 95% of what I
need so far. The
console fills in the other 5% nicely.