Re: [Xen-users] Clean deleted space in linux diks?

Hi James,

2012/1/18 James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> If there isn't a huge amount of free space and/or making one big file
>> isn't an issue.
>> dd if=/dev/zero of=null-file bs=1024k ; rm null-file
>> or

is your filesystem ext4 and mounted with "discard" or not?

Furthermore:
My very personal opionion - based on a few hundred servers and terabytes...
If you need something *working*, it might be worthwhile to scratch out
a few $$$$ for a Veritas license.
There is a free test version where you can find out if thin
provisioning support from your array is detected or not.

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and