Re: [Xen-users] multiple network interface

jacek burghardt wrote:
I had installe xen 4.2 on arch linux and it is running on poweredge 860.
I have issue were i can't get two network interfaces assigned to pfsense. So

my pfsense config file has thys setup for interfaces

vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0, model=e1000'
          'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr1, model=e1000' ]
and my brctl shows

xenbr0          8000.0015c5f54501       no              eth0
                                                        tap2.0
                                                        vif2.0
xenbr1          8000.0015c5f54502       no              eth1
                                                        tap1.0
                                                        vif1.0
How I can assign eth0 to em0 and use it is lan and eth1 to em1 as wan.

I don't understand what the question is - what are em0 and em1 ?

Are you asking if you can link a physical NIC *only* to a singel DomU ? If so then you have two options.

1) You define a bridge in Dom0, do not assign an IP address to it, and then link the DomU to it as above. The DomU then has sole use of that interface - albeit via a bridge in Dom0.

2) You use PCI passthrough to make the NIC directly accessible to the DomU - it then doesn't appear at all in Dom0.

--
Simon Hobson