Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] VGA passthough still not working

r> Please tell me what model of ATI.

Video Pci:   ATI Technologies Inc 264VT [Mach64 VT] (rev 40)
Video PCI-e: ATI Technologies Inc RV630 [Radeon HD 2600 Series]
Video PCI-e: ATI Technologies Inc RV630 [Radeon HD 2600 Series]
http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook/graphics/ati-mobility-hd-2000/hd-2600/Pages/hd-2600-specs.aspx

r>  Do you have more than one graphic card?

No. I have 3 graphic card

r>  Do you also use the onboard video?

No, see the first in the list above. This is prehistoric PCI card

r> Sandi, I read somewhere that when a graphic card is plugged into a PCI
r> slot, the onboard graphic is dissabled.  This may have been specific to
r> a motherboard, it was unclear and I don't have a reference.

All settings in the BIOS. Built-in card has its own interrupt, and the numbering of PCI, it all depends on whether it will be polled before the built-in inserted in the slot or later

r> It would be good to hear from others their experience with plug-in vs.
r> onboard graphics.

It all depends on the chip and the card itself. In the previous motherboard I had a onboard ATI HD4200. In Freebsd I run in KDE at the same time with no brakes 5 MKV video resolution of 1920x1080. Only when you start 6 - all started to brake.