Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] iSCSI Install/Boot

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just ordered quite a few servers, and, without verifying ahead of time, ordered without hard drives planning to boot over iSCSI using the built-in network cards (NOT an iSCSI HBA). I'm wondering if anyone has tried (and hopefully succeeded) installing XCP to an iSCSI volume using a network card with iSCSI boot support and the software iSCSI initiator in XCP. ÂObviously I can order HDs for these systems if necessary, but, if possible, I'd like to do the network boot.

Thanks - Nick

I had planned on doing this but ordered my hosts with drives just in case and then was pressed for time to push them into service and just installed on the drives. The XCP documentation seems to focus on installing a host from PXE but not booting it from PXE. I will get back to it but probably not until summer.

Grant McWilliamsÂ