Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] VGA passthough still not working

ÐÐÑÐÐÑÑÐÑÐÑÐ!

ÐÐ ÐÑÐÑÐÐÐ, ÐÐÐÐÑÐÑÑ ÑÐÑÐÐÑÑÐÐÐ ÑÐÐÐÑÑ 2012 ÐÐÐÐ, Ð 20:41:38 ÐÑ ÐÐÑÐÐÐ:
DM> I use the xl toolstack, not xm.  I don't think xm is being actively
DM> maintained, at least not for current releases.

You can in a nutshell what better xl xm?

DM> I don't know what a video could show you.  In the ATI case, there's no
DM> signal until Windows loads the drivers.  It automatically disables the
DM> emulated adapter, so i can watch the BIOS and Windows loading screens
DM> via VNC, then my desktop appears on the monitor and the VNC console
DM> goes black.

I say that ATI produces the same effect. I do not see anything until the welcome screen and only when gfx_passthru = 0. If gfx_passthru = 1 - qemu shell on vnc console and freezed domU :(

DM> In the IGD case, i can see the output from ROMBIOS and the windows
DM> loader (or grub2) on the monitor.  If i'm booting a XP domU, the
DM> windows login screen then appears.  If i'm booting a Win7 domU, the
DM> screen goes black.  If i'm booting a fedora16 domu, the signal vanishes
DM> entirely. In the Win7 case, the domU seems to be stuck in a loop.  In
DM> the Fedora case, i can ssh to the machine and see various WARN_ON dumps
DM> in dmesg related to the i915 driver, and eventually, a message saying
DM> it failed to reset the adapter.

DM> I think that gives you more detail than any video i could post.

Yes, your post is really better video