Re: [Xen-users] dom0 - oom-killer - memory leak somewhere ?

  • To: "Luke S. Crawford" <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Likarpenkov Alexander" <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:06:39 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:07:57 +0000
  • Fl-build: Fidolook 2002 (SL) 6.0.2800.94 - 5/4/2005 11:39:16

In my servers now 16g memory. Until such time as did restrictions dom0_mem = 512M and less, the amount of memory capacity increased. After a 512 MB limit - I have a situation where the physical memory is occupied, and completely empty swap. In this balooning - I do not cut off. Basic postulate stable operation - Dom0 should have a minimum of software, and most importantly do not use the internet through virbr0. For distribution network is used as a gateway DomU. And bridges are created manually at boot time.

LSC> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:09:09AM -0800, John Weekes wrote:
??>> Were you ever able to determine what was using the memory? I had
??>> several machines at the same location all enter this state this
??>> morning at the same time, and I can't find any clues as to what's
??>> exhausting the memory, just as you couldn't. The circumstances suggest
??>> that some sort of attack or network event was involved, but I'm not
??>> seeing significant traffic levels. One of the machines was brand new
??>> (very latest Xen 4.1, very latest xen/next-2.6.32) and had no activity
??>> otherwise. It's very puzzling.