Re: [Xen-users] dom0 - oom-killer - memory leak somewhere ?

On 1/26/2012 11:32 AM, Luke S. Crawford wrote:
But yeah; my experience? the dom0 balooning (and really, balooning in general) is trouble.

My experience has been the same, so ballooning is completely disabled on this machine.

run 'top' sorted by memory use on the offending hosts. that should give you some idea of what's eating all the ram if it really is a runaway process.

Unfortunately, top shows nothing eating the memory. /proc/slabinfo also does not show any offenders. This is the crux of the problem -- there's no indication of where the memory is going.

and check your logs for the dom0 balooning. It's on a serial console, right?

One of the machines is still accessible. I'm logged in, and I can run commands. Some of them are killed by the OOM-killer as I execute them, since it's so low on memory. There are no indications of it trying to balloon, and ballooning is turned off both in the startup line and in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp (as I am using xend).

Since this seems to be the same situation that Adrien Urban is in, I am curious if he was able to ultimately determine what was going on.

-John