Re: [Xen-users] what's wrong with you people

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Likarpenkov Alexander
<al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FAN> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM, David Gonzalez <dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> ??>> this is the best forum eve, I asked a question weeks ago and didn't
> ??>> even get a RTFM reply, you rule ppl.
>
> FAN> Lets see. Perhaps people are just busy.
>
> We are all busy
>
> FAN> Or your question doesn't make sense.
>
> If the question is asked - it makes sense. It is disrespectful to ignore the
> issues.

You're missing the point.

People that contribute (i.e. giving answers) in opensource user forums
(including this one) mostly do so on their free time. They do so out
of good will to help others, or wanting to share their experience.
There's no obligation whatsoever for them to do anything. Not even to
respond to a question.

That's why I said "if you want prompt, accurate, replies, buy support
contract. That's what it's there for". If you buy a support contract,
and ask in their appropriate channel (e.g. web ticket, phone,
whatever) then your comments is perfectly valid. They shouldn't ignore
your question, or say they're busy, or say the question doesn't make
sense. They're obligated to respond because they're paid to do so.

But again, this forum is NOT a paid support forum. People contribute
here does NOT get paid to do so. So don't complain if your questions
are unanswered.

--
Fajar