Re: [Xen-users] what's wrong with you people

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

You're missing the point.

People that contribute (i.e. giving answers) in opensource user forums
(including this one) mostly do so on their free time. They do so out
of good will to help others, or wanting to share their experience.
There's no obligation whatsoever for them to do anything. Not even to
respond to a question.

Furthermore, at least speaking for myself, if I don't have an answer then I'll keep quiet. Thus if no-one has any clue or no-one can understand what's being asked, then there'll be no answer. The alternative would be dozens (or even hundreds) of people answering with "I've no idea" which definitely wouldn't be helpful.

is worth a good read

The OP may particularly care to turn to http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id479876

--
Simon Hobson