Re: [Xen-users] Does xen on debian squeeze work at all?

I laughed when I saw the title of this thread, because it does seem that
xen - when installed from the debian packages on squeeze - is broken in
some fundamental places, which is why we've had to move to openSUSE for
dom0

Domain locking does not work, and neither does and tapdisk2 - which is
useful if you want to run a Windows HVM from a VHD file...

There may be other things, as well!

But in your case, I'd start by running

xm list

If you get this...

WARNING!  Can't find hypervisor information in sysfs!
Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
running?

...then you have a problem with grub2, at the very least, which I solve
by

mv /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen /etc/grub.d/07_linux_xen

update-grub2

Regards

--
Dominic Mason <dominic@xxxxxxxxxx>