Re: [Xen-users] Routed Network with Xen

Hello,

answers inline.

Am 07.02.2012 14:43, schrieb DN Singh:
Hello Guys,

Hasn't anyone done any routed network on Xen?? Please reply.
I always use routed setups, but mostly with custom vif scripts for iptables setup.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM, DN Singh <dnsingh.dns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

I am trying to configure a setup where the IPs have to bound to the dom0, and then via internal network, these can be used on the domUs. This is a requirement, as the IPs can be configured only on the Dom0 due to their static configuration.
If you say internal network, does this include internal ip addresses? If so, you would not only need routing, but also NAT, esp. if the Dom0 will get all ip addresses assigned.
I have configured the routed config, and installed the VMs using virt-install. The problem is that the VMs aren't accessible via static IP.
The OS is CentOS 5.7, and Xen is 3.0, the one that comes with the repositories.
Additional information is needed here:
* What are the ip addresses and routes on the Dom0 and the DomU when both are running? (Use `ip addr show` and `ip route show` to list them -- iproute2 utilities needed, but should already be installed)
* Is there any network filtering or NAT involved?

I have changed the network scripts in xend-config.sxp and the kernel parameters as per this URL: http://www.devco.net/archives/2007/10/18/xen_bridging_and_hetzner.php

The link states that I have to configure the IPs in Dom0, and they will get automatically allocated to the VMs, which is not happening.

I also tried to configure the IP in vm config file by adding vif = [ 'ip=<IP>' ]
Usually this would be required, but highly depends on your actual setup and/or vif script.

Please help.
It would also be helpful if you explain in detail, how your final networking setup should look like.

Regards,
Felix