Re: [Xen-users] Remus crashes only with Windows Server 2003

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Antonio Colin <dftonywhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again Shriram,

Thank you for your reply and explanation. You are right I need a different port, may be 9001 in that case, but see...
That was the full test but in fact I tested everything with one disk "(Unit C:)" and the same thing happens... if you think
that doing it that way would save more useful information in the logs I can save them again :).

The NFS mount is in /mnt/domus only to begin testing remus. I put one VM image there... start remus with --no-net and everything is fine.
The directory /home/remus is just to work with remus and disk replication and is not and NFS mount.

It is so strange that it works only for Linux!! (both are HVM)

And yes, if that directory was shared that might corrupt my disk and I also need DRBD to replicate the image... is that possible for img files?
and just one last question... after failover how can I get back the execution of the VM from the backup to the primary host once it is ready ?

Let me investigate the blktap2 issue first.
DRBD does not replicate img files. You would have to put them in a partition or lvm volume and
replicate that volume to the backup host. Whether you want to write the image directly to the volume or
create a File system in that volume and drop the image file there, is upto you.

shriram
Thank you so much!!!

Tony.