[Xen-users] Server Compatibility Advice Request

Hello Community,

I'm very new to Xen Virtualization and hope one of you can advice and guide me.

We are planning to virtualize existing 4 old server that we used in a project. The server is 4 years old but I do believe very good HW that we can reuse and take advantage of virtualization. In a nutshell the hardware spec looks like this;

2 Server with
Intel® Xeon® Processor 5160 (4M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
PC2-5300, 333 Mhz, DDR2 (we can upgrade the RAM to much as you recommend, max 16GB)
2 Core, 2 Thread
http://ark.intel.com/products/27219
Intel x64 architecture
VT-x Enabled

2 Server with
Intel® Xeon® Processor 7130M (8M Cache, 3.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
PC2-3200, 200 Mhz, DDR2 (we can upgrade the RAM to much as you recommend, max 32GB)
2 Core, 4 Thread
Intel x64 architecture
VT-x Enabled

Can we use this machine effectively to run

1. Xen Hypervisor - any known limitation, issues etc with the above HW
2. Xen Cloud - any known limitation, issues etc with the above HW

With the above HW, can we use it effectively. All 4 servers HP Proliant

The other major question is, does Xen fully support Ubuntu Server 11.10 x64. We are planning to use Ubuntu in ALL our planned 10 virtual machines on these 4 physical servers.

Do we need any other 3rd party tools?
Anything else that we should be aware of ?

Your help is really appreciated and valued.

Thank you

Cheers

Ted.