Re: [Xen-users] XEN Error Please help

On Thu February 23 2012, 12:46:46 AM, 08bit002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> i am working with opennebula

> installed vnc in my 2 pc(nodes with Centos)

> i got this error when i tried to migrate UBUNTU_10.04.iso from pc 1(front

> node) to pc 2(cluster node)

[...]

> PCI: setting up Xen PCI frontend stub

[...]

> PCI: System does not support PCI

> PCI: System does not support PCI

[...]

> XENBUS: Waiting for devices to initialise:

> 295s...290s...285s...280s...275s...270s...265s...260s...255s...

Haven't a clue. Xenbus never initializes, the devices are not enumerated, so device driver loading, and the rest of the boot sequence never occurs. I assume this domu booted fine on the first node, so look for differences between the hardware on the two nodes, same software versions and compile instances of Xen and Centos, etc.

You should be posting this to the list - xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Include software versions, hardware descriptions, incl. memory, & attachments for the domu config, and on the receiving node, any qemu logs and a 'tail -f /var/log/xen/xend.log' that appear starting from when you began the migration.

I'm a little confused what this domu dmesg is you posted. During a migration, you should start up where you stopped during the start of the migration, not reboot all over again. Make sure you can do an 'xm save ...' on the domu, and a restore on the same node, then try that again on the other node - 'xm create' it on the other node, then save it, and restore it. If those two save / restores work, then you can *start* worrying about whether a migration should work. (Obviously, with shared storage, the domu should not be running on both nodes at the same time.)

I have no experience with opennebula. Hopefully, someone else on the list will have something else to suggest. This is as far as I can go.