Re: [Xen-users] qemu in hvm domain

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM, æåä <lianlun418@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi there guys
>
> recently, i am studying the qemu , so i have a idea , using the qemu to
> emulate a winxp in hvm domian(the system is debian).

qemu can be run independent of xen. In fact, if you use debian, AFAIK
qemu + kvm support in debian is better than xen support. So if your
MAIN interest is qemu, and you insist to use debian, better stick with
qemu + kvm

> But when i install the
> winxp , the installtion interface appearing, some seconds later , the hvm
> domian restart
>
> anybody experienced the same problem?

It should work just fine. I don't use debian though, so there might be
debian-scpecific bugs.

This is the xen config file I use for win 2008 x64. Should work for xp
as well. For installation, use 'boot="dc"' instead of "cd".

#=======================================================
memory = "1000"

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:9A:B1:C7, bridge=virbr0, vifname=win-e0' ]
disk =  [
        'phy:/path/to/LV/of/your/disk/image,xvda,w',
        'file:/path/to/your/install.iso,xvdc:cdrom,r',
        ]

vcpus=1

#boot="dc"
boot="cd"

device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'

sdl=0
vnc=1