Re: [Xen-users] Xen questions (Be kind)

On Feb 27, 2012 11:39 PM, "Jeff Sturm" <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Well, yes your guest VM a.k.a domU (please don't use the term VPS) is overloaded... but that still depends on whether it's I/O-bound or CPU-bound...

The loads of domU's have no relation to the load of dom0; they are separate VMs. dom0 is not running the VMs. It's the hypervisor that's running the VMs (dom0 + all domU's) and the load if each VM is local to that particular VM.

In your case, dom0 is lightly-loaded (as it should be), while the single domU is heavily loaded. Check first what's causing such heavy load: not enough RAM making the system swap-thrashing? Overzealous polling by spinning? Buggy kernel?

Rgds,