[Xen-users] Need technical support on Xen migration development

Dear everyone,

We are currently we are doing some research about Virtual Machine Migration, and I was redirected here when asking the community manager for help.

What we know is that a VM running on Xen can be stored as *.chk, and that's how VM migration is done by Xen. Also, IBM PowerVM has its way of storing a VM. Our goal is to convert the *.chk file into the IBM PowerVM format, so the same guest OS (e.g. Linux) can be migrated from x86 to Power servers.

Could anyone please give us some advice about the data structure of *.chk file, or where to find more reference? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.