Re: [Xen-users] Need technical support on Xen migration development

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2012/2/29 Sha <pichu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> However, I know that the PowerVM Lx86 from IBM can run x86 applications on
>> Power server, so is it technically possible for a VM migrating from Xen to
>> PowerVM?

> For example, if you use new-enough linux distro (e.g. ubuntu oneiric),
> migrating from xen <-> vmware is as simple as booting a rescue
> environment (e.g. sysrescuecd) and using "dd" to copy the disk IMAGE.
> Migrating from xen <-> lxc on the other hand requires copying the
> FILES, adjusting some configs, and running some scripts.

After reading the documentation, it looks very similar to what
qemu-i386 would do. It allows you to run a single APPLICATION. Which
means if your application depends on external programs that is
normally part of the OS (e.g. cron) to run, I highly doubt it would
work.

--
Fajar