From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alberto Asuero
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 12:15 PM
To: Andrea Monti
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Backup domU image at runtime

Todd H. Foster wrote:

Yes. Read my previous reply (hint: snapshot)

I don't have LVM on this partition, I've a big RAID  5 (I'll try to migrate to LVM)

Simon Hobson wrote:

In a recovery situation, I can restore any individual machine to it's last backup with the following steps :

In Dom0, create the LVM volumes, create filesystems, mount them.
Rsync the files back from the shared backup space.
Unmount the volumes from Dom0
Startup the guest.

It'd perfect but I can't pause certains guests it's a server of high availability...

I think my best options is :

1) Migrate to LVM and I'll try with snapshot

2) But I'll also keep the backup of files of each domU.

With the option 2 (more security), I'll keep safe from a posible power supplies interruption (I've a UPS and a powervault redundance)

Thank you guys!

- - -
Alberto Asuero Arroyo

Software Engineer