Re: [Xen-users] Backup domU image at runtime

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:39 PM,  <Philippe.Simonet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>

> anyone already experienced with btrfs and its snapshots ?
>
> (performance / stability) ?

Is this a trick question? :D

Btrfs is still under heavy development, so don't be surprised if
something suddenly goes wrong. The list occasionally still got "I
suddenly can mount my fs" post (though to be fair, it's usually
followed by "after a power failure" or "after I yank my USB disk"). So
there's really not much point in asking about stability, is there?

As for performance, even under optimum situation, btrfs still has to
write the metadata twice (since the metadata is mirrored by default).
Add to that the "still under heavy development" part, so the
performance question is not really fair, is it?

Having said that, no, I don't use btrfs for xen. But I do use it in my
notebook (mainly for its compression and snapshot feature), and would
recommend it for development/backup environment.

--
Fajar