Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Cannot Start Linux Paravirtualized (PV) Guests with Xen 4.2-unstable

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 14:42 +0000, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:

> I want to make 2 points.
[snip]

Once again you have not answered my direct questions nor provided the
information I asked for about this bug.

If you do not start answering my requests for information directly with
answers to the actual questions which I ask then I am going to stop
responding to you altogether.

> 1) Linux PV guests cannot start in Xen 4.2-unstable with XL. Linux PV
> guests can only successfully start in Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre.

Obviously it is not failing for me (or indeed others) so I need you to
explain, clearly & precisely, what you are actual seeing. "Linux PV
guests cannot start in Xen 4.2-unstable with XL" is not sufficient
information for me to go on and is not going to result in this bug
getting fixed.

I recommend you read http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen
and in particular the document "How to report bugs effectively" which is
linked to from that page.

So, for the last time: Please describe exactly how things fail on
xen-unstable for you and provide the command output and logs which I
requested. I mean the command output and logs which demonstrates the bug
with PV guests failing to start on 4.2-unstable and not some other bug.

At this point in time I am not interested in the output of any other
command or any information/logs relating to another bug.

> 2) The performance of Fedora 16 x86-64 PV guest in Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre
> is really very poor and sluggish. Do you want to watch a video of it?

Lets deal with one thing at a time. i.e. lets concentrate on the PV
guests not working on 4.2-unstable first. You are simply confusing
matters and reducing the chances of either bug getting fixed by
conflating the two problems.

Ian.