Re: [Xen-users] HVM on 3.2 kernel hdd speed issue

On 04/02/2012 12:19 PM, Heiko Wundram wrote:
Am 02.04.2012 12:15, schrieb Mario:
Well this was not the case on 2.6.34 dom0 kernel, and since windows
HVM does not need PVonHVM, i dont understand why would linux domUs
need it?

This has nothing to do with the Dom0-kernel - PVonHVM is an interface
which exposes the PV infrastructure (i.e., para-virtualized disk and
net) to fully virtualized guests. The Linux-kernel contains the
respective DomU-side code since some time around 2.6.38 natively, and
when using Xenified kernels, the corresponding infrastructure dates back
to around 2.6.32 (IIRC).

Windows, of course, does not natively support PVonHVM in any way (except
when using corresponding drivers to enable that), so if you get
excessively slower I/O-speeds on "fully" virtualized Linux DomUs than
you do on Windows DomUs which _don't_ have the corresponding PV-drivers
installed, something else is amiss here; it'd help if you could describe
your setup in a little more detail.

Why are we still on PVonHVM subject? I do not want that, I want regular HVM to work with linux domU's the same way it works with windows domU's. I don't have the luxury to install custom drivers on some domU's, so there is no point in trying to force me to use PVonHVM because i can't.
So, anyone else please? :-)