Re: [Xen-users] PXE + XEN

  • To: "M N" <nichuspam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:45:29 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:46:57 +0000

Hi,

Not sure about para guests but with him you can boot from network by pressing F12 at boot time

Not tried it personally though

Cheers

Ian

On 3 Apr 2012, at 20:31, "M N" <nichuspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello

I would like to ask about XEN (paravirtualization) + PXE working together ....

I have xen environment and would like to install few clients using PXE (everything on debian)  ...
Is it possible at all?

It's hard to find any useful information on that (even official FAQ has not working link)
please check here the question:
Is it possible to start a VM that contains just gpxe?
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_FAQ_Installation#Is_it_possible_to_start_a_VM_that_contains_just_gpxe.3F

I found some information about gpxy and pypxeboot but i can't make it work...

For pypxeboot it needs udhcp - but it's not used any more - it's in busybox now...

so could someone confirm that it is possible to make it work ?

Regards,
nichu