Re: [Xen-users] XCP, about Graphic Display

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Brett Westover" <bwestover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 15:51:24 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 22:53:12 +0000

>On 22.12.2011 02:17, Brett Westover wrote:
>> Thanks that's good to know. I wasn't mixing up HVM and PV though. The

>> OP wanted to know how to connect to his HVM Windows XP console. The
.> instructions you linked didn't return the needed VNC port on XCP 1.1
>> for a HVM.
>>
>> Is "xenstore-ls /local/domain/DOM-ID/console" the wrong way to get
the
>> VNC port?

>Oops, sorry, forgot about this. Well... I'm actually not really on HVM
domains (we running only PV in our cloud). You >can see vncterm in
'netstat -lnp' output (in dom0). Which one can be guessed by probing or
try to dig to xenstore to >find correct one. I think it must be
somewhere there.
>> All I know is that it worked for me. If it's not right, please let me

>> know what is the correct way, as I already updated that WIKI based on

>> my test
>>
>> results.
>>
>I have no 'clean' copy of XCP to check (only stuff with our tuning), so
someone must check if pv domains do have that >data inside.

Today I installed my first PV domain (Thanks to Grant). I went looking
for
the VNC port using this method, and sure enough as George suggested it
was
under /serial for a PV.

I updated the wiki to include instructions for both.
http://wiki.xensource.com/wiki/Xen_Cloud_Platform:_Access_to_VM_console