Re: [Xen-users] 24TB redundant storage

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd H. Foster" <toddf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:02:48 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 02:04:03 +0000

Well, this is so true!  In my situation, I am big enough to get good support,
but as far as a san goes, I can put together something out of, say IBM hardware
(with service contract)  for less than 20k, have all the support that I need,
and have the performance and storage of a 100k san.  My IBM contract is 24/7
and 1 hour response time, and this means someone waiting at the door.  IBM
support is great!!! (when you are talking about enterprise products)

Now when we are talking about high performance hardware, you just can't get all
of it a Fry's. (Fry's is 3 miles from my data center)   So the next best thing
is to go with name brand server quality equipment...

One way or another you are going to pay for this type of system, either with
time or support contracts or both!  What is down time worth?  To me it's a lot.