Re: [Xen-users] Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough

Coming from Debian so I don't know if my experiences are a 1 to 1 map, but it looks like you are loading pciback after the system boots, which is too late since the device drivers have already loaded.

The purpose of pciback is to load with the system before the devices are initialized and the system loads the drivers. ÂFrom the reading I've found you supposedly have to rebuild your initrd with pciback for it to load at boot time:

For that reason my solution has been to just compile a kernel with pciback "built-in", since I have had no luck with the module approach.

Most of the guides I have read mention pci stub scripts, which I believe is a different utility from pciback.

Also, on Debian the domain is not required for hiding or passing pci devices (in reference to the lspci format "domain:bus:slot.function" not the Xen domain).

I hope that helps,

~Casey