Re: [Xen-users] Xen timekeeping best practices

Hi LLoyd,

Well, thank you but independent_wallclock doesn't exist anymore on pvops
kernel,

I think it still exists, I found the info below in the last SUSE 11 SP
2 release (13.04.2012).
This versions runs the 3.0.10 linux kernel with includes pvops.

I don't have access to a running Suse SLES, but I am wondering if the documentation is up to date.

What I know is that pv_ops kernel in Debian squeeze do not have independent_wallclock.
I have not been able to find something related to an independent_wallclock
parameter in a vanilla Linux 3.2 kernel either.

In addition, there is a lot of ressources available on Internet stating that independent_wallclock does not exist on pv_ops kernel anymore, starting with http://wiki.debian.org/Xen.

Done.
Anybody please correct the information if inaccurate.
http://wiki.xensource.com/wiki/Xen_FAQ_DomU#How_can_i_synchronize_a_dom0_clock.3F

Thanks. However, I think the table headers a bit misleading, because in

Classic XenoLinux Kern (up to 2.6.37)

2.6.37 relates to the kernel version, whereas in

Paravirt Ops Linux Kern (from 3.0)

it seems to be related to Xen version, if I am not mistaken.

--

Regards,

Remi Gacogne