Re: [Xen-users] Xen timekeeping best practices

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Remi Gacogne
<rgacogne-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Well, thank you but independent_wallclock doesn't exist anymore on pvops
>>> kernel,
>>

>> I think it still exists, I found the info below in the last SUSE 11 SP
>> 2 release (13.04.2012).
>> This versions runs the 3.0.10 linux kernel with includes pvops.
>

> I don't have access to a running Suse SLES, but I am wondering if the
> documentation is up to date.
>
> What I know is that pv_ops kernel in Debian squeeze do not have
> independent_wallclock.
> I have not been able to find something related to an independent_wallclock
> parameter in a vanilla Linux 3.2 kernel either.

I think you should run ntp on DomU anyway.
Found this info from
http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#A.27clocksource.2BAC8-0.3ATimewentbackwards.27

xen.independent_wallclock sysctl setting is not available for newer
squeeze kernels supporting pvops. If you have relied on it, you would
have to run ntpd in dom0 and domUs. source

If you do can you please post your results?

Thanks.
Lloyd