[Xen-users] VGA Passthrough for a HVM linux guest

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: LINSCHOTEN Rob <rob.linschoten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:16:56 +0200
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:18:10 +0000

List,

I have set up a XEN hypervisor (XENCloud Platform 1.5 beta) with a RedHat 6.1 Linux HVM guest. The guest should run an OpenGL application which uses the GPU extensively, I need the XEN VGA Passthrough option in order

to run this application normally. I read the arcticles on the Xen-Wiki about Xen VGA Passthrough support but I am still confused on how to configure the VGA passthrough.

My questions are: Is the required configuration with the VGA passthrough possible? and How can I configure the Xen Hypervisor

thanks,

Rob

Hardware:  Supermicro X8DTH MB with 2 intel Xeon E5620 CPU’s (quad core), 24 GB memory and 1  Nvidia Quadro 2000  video card

Software: Dom0:  XENCloud Platform 1.5 beta and DomU: RedHat 6.1 EL Server

Rob Linschoten

E-mail:

rob.linschoten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).
Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 06061578.