Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] Authenticty of XCP installation image.

Hi.

Thank you for your answer however it is not enough...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5#Security

I believe md5 should not be used any more for security related
purposes. These days computing a sha256 or at least sha1 should be
used. Even sha1 was phased out by US gov in the 2010...

Also plain email or http is not a secure way of communicating hash
because it could easily be altered by malicious routers or ISP...

Solutions to this is either serving the hash over secure connection
like ssl/tls (httpS)
or signing a file cryptographically like using pgp/gnupg.

Thank you for trying to help...