Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.3 on Linux 2.6.32 failed to shutdown gracefully, but reboot instead

On 18 May 2012 16:51, John Mok <jmok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What I tried to do was to power down dom0 gracefully. The server rebooted
> instead of powered down and stayed off. When the server booted to the same
> kernel without multi-boot, the dom0 could be power down gracefully either
> with "shutdown now" or "poweroff" commands.
>
> I used the lastest XenWindowsGplPV drivers 11.0.357 on Windows 2003/2008 x64
> and found no problem. The domU(s) responded to "xm shutdown" command and
> shutdown gracefully.

Well, please excuse me. I've read too much quickly your first post and
I've realized that you
are not talking about the problem I've had on my XEN setup. You talk
about dom0,
and I was talking about hvm domUs. I'm sorry for that, but I don't
know how to help
you.

Best Regards,

Flavio