[Xen-users] Lock domU on start

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Xen Xen <xenbys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:30:24 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:31:27 +0000

Dear everybody!

I'm a new user of Xen and I encount a problem in my new new job with 2 Xen Hyper-visor.
We've 2 HV which access on your NAS by iSCSI to store our VM.
Or last time we start a VM on one HV without seen that it's was started on the other HV. So we encounter some read-only file system error...
I want to avoid this problem.

My server run on Debian 6 with Xen 4.0.1
I try to implement the (xend_domain-lock yes) with (xend-domain-lock-path /etc/xen/xen_lock) but it unfortunately don't work...
I've another server where I export a folder in NFS. And I mount it on my 2 HV. It's working fine.
But when a VM start, nothing writing in the volume... So I can start the same VM on the other HV...

Some have an idea why it doesn't work? Or another solution to avoid this problem?
I'me sure Xen have a tool or something else to do this!

Kind regards,
Fabien