Re: [Xen-users] Lock domU on start

You've posted this three separate times now, please don't do that.

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 10:30 +0100, Xen Xen wrote:
> Dear everybody!
>
> I'm a new user of Xen and I encount a problem in my new new job with 2
> Xen Hyper-visor.
> We've 2 HV which access on your NAS by iSCSI to store our VM.
> Or last time we start a VM on one HV without seen that it's was
> started on the other HV. So we encounter some read-only file system
> error...
> I want to avoid this problem.
>
> My server run on Debian 6 with Xen 4.0.1
> I try to implement the (xend_domain-lock yes) with
> (xend-domain-lock-path /etc/xen/xen_lock) but it unfortunately don't
> work...

I can't find any mention of either of these options (with any
combination of "-" vs "_") in the xend source code in either unstable or
4.0. Are you sure this functionality actually exists? The threads I've
seen via google suggest that a patch was proposed back in 2008 but that
it was never committed.